Well, today is day five. It's been a GREAT day with God.
I once heard someone say, "What you starve dies, and what you feed grows." Well, I've been feeding on my quiet time with God and His Word, and I can tell you that James 4:8 is true. When we draw near to Him, He DEFINITELY draws near to us. And, I've been starving some relationships and things in other areas. It truly has helped to gain a better perspective on things. Those things are NOTHING compared to being in the presence of God and in His perfect will. "All in due time," I hear Him say, but not right now!
Wow! The last 24 hours has been incredible. Even last night driving on the way to church, the Holy Spirit and the manifest presence of God just filled up the car. I didn't even want to get out my car to go into the church for worship practice, His presence was soooo very rich.
Currently, I'm reading SEVERAL books right now: Forgotten God by Francis Chan (which by the way, if you haven't read Crazy Love by Francis Chan, you should make that your next MUST READ - it's incredible and one of my "mile stone", life changing books), You are Not What You Weigh by Lisa Bevere, Battlefield of the Mind Devotional by Joyce Meyer, and Choose to Heal by Stephen Arterburn. All are excellent books that are being read for different purposes. But, each has its place and is being used by God to transform me.
But, the best has been my time with God. Like last night - I didn't have my phone, and I had to sit outside D's apartment for a while and wait on the kids. So, I spent that time in prayer with God. It was refreshing and brought more answers.
So, again, I just said, "Okay, God, whatever You want. I'm here as your servant. Use me in any way you choose."
In my head, God gave me 3 important months, one was this month - the month of April - God had told me earlier this year, that this month would be quite important. Then, the month of June, God had told me would be important for something else entirely. I hope to have all my paperwork finished by then, if not sooner -but whatever God wants. Lastly, God told me to wait on something until December. I'm to watch and wait - seeing what happens, and then God told me that I would know in December which way to go. I'm a little more than nervous about what he told me to watch, trust, and wait on. In fact, it takes me out of my comfort zone, if what I feel God is telling me is going to be. I rather like KNOWING all the "how-to's". I'm not real big on the "not knowing's." But, one thing of the many things I've learned over the many years I've been His child, and that is that is far better to trust in Him, wait, and obey, than it is to rush into what we want, and miss His perfect will and plan. So, here I am waiting.
I'm glad for revelation and for answers. I'm glad for God's hand and guidance. And, I'm glad that even though in the natural, this could look very bleak and like an awful situation, that truly I'd rather be in the will and hand of God in the middle a storm (or at the end of one, which is where I am), than I would to be out of His will and be on the beach without a storm. Give me the storm any day, just leave me in His hand and His will - no matter what!
No comments:
Post a Comment