Okay - So, I'm back to finish my posting. :)
Today was just sooooo hectic, that I even completely forgot what day of this fast I was on. My friend K. asked me what day it was (she thought it was day 23), and I told her it was day 24 - not to push it back any. :) LOL - And here I was on day 25 after all.
My kids at school were amazing. I love those kids. The boys made playdough to take home in pastel colors, and the girls made some kind of aqua glitter bracelet. My teacher friend and I split our two classes up - me taking the boys (cause boys are fun, and they can be a handful at this age - or really ANY age), and she took the girls (mainly cause I didn't feel like all the chattering and giggling, and because I don't like making glitter bracelets).
Well, "my boys" and I had a great time. There was about 20 of them in my class all measuring, pouring, and pounding out the salt and water flour mixture. They made a mess, but they had a blast. Funny how they seemed to think that the red dye resembled blood, the blue dye resembled dark blue blood, the green dye resembled black blood, and the yellow (orange really) dye resembled yellow bug blood. Yeh, they're boys alright. All fascinated with blood.
At the end of the school day, I was able to "chaperone" the 4th and 5th graders spring dance. Let me tell you, that was a LOAD more fun than chaperoning a middle or high school dance. At middle school dances, there is some crazy stuff that goes on. But, at high school dances that I've chaperoned, the kids didn't need a room for sex, they made room right there on the dance floor for it. I refused to even go back to one of those dances again.
After the dance, I headed to the church for worship practice. I was able to get some reading done there of Lisa Bevere's book You Aren't What You Weigh, before practice with the worship crew. Lisa's book is such an eye opener to the bodily "idols" we have today in our society. She talks about men idolizing and "worhsipping" this "woman" who is so perfect in the movies, on the billoboards, and in magazines. Men want her for their wife, and women want to be her. But, she isn't real. She is fake. She never has wrinkles; she has no saggy boobs, she has no stretch marks or spider veins; she has a perfect complexion; she is content with herself; she doesn't have bad days; she doesn't PMS or get cranky; she smells good all the time; and she has no cellulite. She is "perfect." We have made an idol, and now we worship her.
WOW! What freedom when you see the truth. I won't write about what all I've learned and gleaned form Lisa now. I'll write on it some more later.
Worship practice - this is one of my favorite times of the week. Not only do I get to come together with such a wonderful group of Christians to worship, but we also have a great time in the practice (well, usually). We all bring our own unique personalities to the group - some of us (like me) with more quirks than others. And, we all just blend and work together for the glory of our Lord.
I wish I could tell you about the whole crew here from our pastor who plays keyboard and who is so gifted musically with instruments. I'd pay money to be that gifted. We also have the singers who each have their own giftings (some for peace, some for organization, some for encouragement, some ....), the drummer (the pastor's son) who gives up his "teenager" time for worship practice, the sound guy who just recently gave his heart to God back in September and God has done an amazing work in his life, and the two guitarists - one who has done recording with some really big bands like AC/DC and own a recording studio, the other one plays an amazing classical guitar. All of these special people are such a blessing to work with. I'm so blessed to be a part of this crew.
At any rate, I felt elated at worship practice - almost like I could dance right off the stage. And, this morning, I woke up with the same feeling of elation. I KNOW God has it all under control. I KNOW that my Redeemer DOES live and that He loves me very much. I KNOW He has good things in store for me and my boys, and that no matter how critical or judgmental some can be (and this is only 3 or 4), that it really doesn't matter, because God is directing my steps. I know that as I continue to seek HIM and go after HIS will, that He will NOT leave me in the dark. I do NOT have to go back through what I have been through in the last year and half. I do NOT have to live and go back through the "fire" I have been through, and I KNOW that the best is yet to come. I KNOW that I KNOW that I KNOW that!
Jeremiah 29:11-14a - For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. 14 I will be found by you,” says the Lord.
So, I feel elated. I still miss some of the things I'm fasting, but I KNOW it's for the best. I KNOW I have grown during this fast, and regardless of the outcome, I KNOW that God has good set in store. What a testimony of God's faithfulness and love!
Looking forward to what lies ahead,
Blessings to you today dear readers!
No comments:
Post a Comment