Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day Thirteen - He blesses me

Psalm - 23
 1 The Lord is my shepherd;               - He leads me to where I need to be at ALL times.  He does not lead me to wrong paths.  
      I have all that I need.                        - He provides my EVERY need. 

 2 He lets me rest in green meadows;         - He does not put me in dried up pastures, but blesses me with GREEN
      he leads me beside peaceful streams.   - He leads me to peace!
    3 He renews my strength.            - The joy of the Lord is my strength and helps to move forward - not plodding, but dancing in delight of Him. 
   He guides me along right paths,      - He does not lead me astray. 
      bringing honor to his name.     - It's ALL for HIS glory.
 4 Even when I walk
      through the darkest valley,[a]
   I will not be afraid,                 - Fear is a sin, for He has not given me the spirit of fear - Fear means I don't trust Him. 
      for you are close beside me.      - He is with me
   Your rod and your staff              - These also keep me in line and show me the right way. 
      protect and comfort me.         - They make me feel secure knowing that there are boundaries and that He has my best interest at heart.
 5 You prepare a feast for me
      in the presence of my enemies.  - He doesn't skimp, but blesses me greatly even in front of others who hate or curse me. 
   You honor me by anointing my head with oil.   - I am commissioned to live and SERVE with honor 
      My cup overflows with blessings.   - Need I say more?
 6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
      all the days of my life,  - Love this!
   and I will live in the house of the Lord
      forever.   Whooo Hooo - Looking forward to that!  So, for now, I don't just say a brief prayer or do a quick devotion in the morning, but I recognize that He goes with me throughout my WHOLE day.  He wants to talk to me ALL day long.  


Smith Wigglesworth once said I don't pray more than 15 minutes, but I don't go more than 15 minutes without praying."  Wow!  This man certainly WALKED with God.  That's where I want to be.  Walking in EVERY moment with Him.

I know some of you reading today's post want to know what happened today, but really, I guess I just felt more inspired to give my thoughts on this wonderful passage of scripture.  Psalm 23 is quoted by rote by so many who think VERY little of what it TRULY means.  Yet, it REALLY is a great passage of  scripture that reminds us that God IS our shepherd.  He loves us more than we could ever understand.  His love is too high and deep for us to understand.  


So, until tomorrow, folks - You'll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment