No cheating! If you're a man who reads over his wife's shoulder, then you don't need to read this one! So, back away from the computer and go read something else! :)
A lot to say, but I'm so thankful for wisdom and for friends who help me edit what goes on my blog at times.
Soooo, yesterday (Saturday) I sent my friend K. the article I was going to post on my blog, and she said, "hmmmmm, nope, not a good idea."
I already knew that it probably wasn't the best thing to post, but I wanted to get it off my chest anyway. I was just venting in my article and was a little upset with a certain person. And, wanted to write about. No names were used! But, still, it was best to keep it under wraps for now.
Maybe I'll share it later (though probably not here), but for now - my feelings from yesterday will stay between me and God (oh, and K. knows about them, obviously).
Well, I think that's it for today. Today is my 2 week countdown. To HIM be all glory and honor and praise for what is to come!
Soooo, yesterday (Saturday) I sent my friend K. the article I was going to post on my blog, and she said, "hmmmmm, nope, not a good idea."
I already knew that it probably wasn't the best thing to post, but I wanted to get it off my chest anyway. I was just venting in my article and was a little upset with a certain person. And, wanted to write about. No names were used! But, still, it was best to keep it under wraps for now.
Maybe I'll share it later (though probably not here), but for now - my feelings from yesterday will stay between me and God (oh, and K. knows about them, obviously).
Not much to tell other than, day twenty-seven was a busy and fun-filled day for the boys and I.
My friend D. recommended that I read Fascinating Womanhood a few years ago. At the time, I wasn't crazy about the book, but I have come to really appreciate it and get it in the last 2 years. I can't say it works in ALL situations - it appears that mine is certainly not one that it worked in. But, at least I get the idea behind it.
The list the eight fascinating qualities of a woman, which the author Helen Andelin says are:
My friend D. recommended that I read Fascinating Womanhood a few years ago. At the time, I wasn't crazy about the book, but I have come to really appreciate it and get it in the last 2 years. I can't say it works in ALL situations - it appears that mine is certainly not one that it worked in. But, at least I get the idea behind it.
The list the eight fascinating qualities of a woman, which the author Helen Andelin says are:
The Angelic Qualities
The four qualities of the ideal woman on the angelic side are:
1. Understands Men (I think I've read plenty of books here on this one! I've lived with Mr. Grumpy 'I need soooo much alone time.' - so I got this. Even my girlfriend J. says I "get" men. She calls me "man's best friend." LOL - I guess that means I'm a dog! ) Just kiddin.'
Who REALLY can understand a man fully? Goodness, they are more complicated than women sometimes! Well, maybe not! Maybe it's their simplicity that is most frustrating to me.
- Feed them, make love to them, and be loyal to them. Appreciate, Admire, and Adore them. Simple as 1,2,3. (I guess I must have missed something somewhere when I did all this for D.)
2. Has Inner Happiness - Hmmmmm- My kids think I'm happy a lot. D. thought I was happy too much. Is that possible?
3. Has a Worthy Character - I am trying.
4. Is a Domestic Goddess Now, this one DEFINITELY is being worked on. I'd say it's my weakest link! I can cook up a storm, but cleaning is NOT my strong suit. Organization is, but keeping it that way, is not!
I was just praying this morning that God would continue to refine me in this area! He will. We all have areas that need to be worked on. This just happens to be one of mine.
The Angelic qualities awaken a feeling near worship. They bring a man peace and happiness.
The Human Qualities
The four qualities of the ideal woman on the human side are:
1. Is Feminine - Well, this never was one of my strongest qualities. My mother sure tried though. It took me hooking up with my Biblical Womanhood group, for me to see this one really develop. I've come a long way - though I still like to go with my hair in a ponytail, jeans attached to my bottom, and no makeup attached to my face. :) I don't do "frumpy" anymore, but I do like to get down to the basics at times.
- Also I enjoy working on my own appliances (when I have time), though nowadays, I'd just as soon have someone do it for me, because I have so much more to do with my time. I guess in a way, I have become more feminine. I don't like working on my own car anymore - too messy. I don't like bloody knuckles from working on appliances anymore. And, I don't like mowing the grass anymore. Hmmmm- is that my femininity coming out, or just being lazy or too busy with other stuff to even care?
2. Radiates Happiness - Hmmm- I'm so happy a lot of the times, I have to tone it down. Even at church, I have to try NOT to be too happy, because then I get frowned on sometimes because I am TOO happy. Really, is this possible - to be too happy?
Though D. is gone, I really AM happy. Lonely, at times. Though not so painful now. But, I AM happy. At peace, mostly, I guess.
Though D. is gone, I really AM happy. Lonely, at times. Though not so painful now. But, I AM happy. At peace, mostly, I guess.
3. Has Radiant Health - Working this. Losing over 30 pounds does amazing things for your health. Now I run, lift weights, and Zumba my way to Radiant Health. What a great feeling to go to the clothing store and have to go back and get a different size because the size you USED to wear is too large! :)
4. Is Childlike - I'd say this is my strongest quality. I LOVE this quality. I love to sing in the shower, dance on the beach, run in a field of wild flowers, spread my arms open wide and twirl in the rain, tickle my kids on the bed, dance with them at the church, twirl them around and hear them laugh, blow bubbles with them and kiss their "bubbly heads", live carefree (not carelessly), drive with my windows down and my songs blaring while I put my arm out the window to "catch" the wind, wink at an old man to make his day, and more.
My God wants me to come to Him like a little child, and I still do this. Sometimes, daily. "Father God, may I please you today. Hold me close and whisper in my ear what you'd have me do. How can I bring glory to you."
My God wants me to come to Him like a little child, and I still do this. Sometimes, daily. "Father God, may I please you today. Hold me close and whisper in my ear what you'd have me do. How can I bring glory to you."
-Oh, I have this quality down, quite well. It comes naturally to me. And, I'm glad I have it. Even in my old age, I plan to still own this quality well.
Not childish, but childlike in my trust, love, and love for life. Childlike!
The Human qualities fascinate, amuse, enchant, and arouse a tender desire to protect and shelter.
Well, I think that's it for today. Today is my 2 week countdown. To HIM be all glory and honor and praise for what is to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment