Tonight, God finally gave me a heart to pray for D. again. It has been so hard to pray for him, though I have forgiven him. It still hasn't been easy to pray for him. Not, that I want harm to come to him or want bad things for him - I just haven't known how to pray for him.
I still hear God say that D. is not coming back to this house, but I now have a heart to pray for him. I feel sorry for him again and hurt for him that he is so lost. And, he IS very lost.
He is not just lost, but he has lost so much. Yet, he seems so emotionless to it all - other than anger, bitterness, and even almost a hatred towards me.
But, today, I am praying. I pray that God would bring that God encounter for D. I pray that D. will be broken and repent, that He would surrender to God and HIS will. I pray that He would give up His SELF for what God wants, and lay aside His own dreams and desires for God's.
Oh, that God would work in him to transform him and make him into who God wants him to be.
This renewed ability to pray once again for him, is freeing to me. It helps me love again the unlovely and helps me to heal even more. I am so thankful for the liberty in this and for God's amazing love that leads us to pray for others - not just because they need prayer, but because it can be so healing to us.
So tonight, I am not just praying for me and the boys - but I am praying for D.
No comments:
Post a Comment