Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Man I Used to Know

Just reflecting this morning on the man I used to know, who loved his kids, had a twinkle in his eye, and loved me.  Sure, he fluctuated in his love for me and eventually abandoned us all - saying he didn't want to do the job anymore, but he WAS at one time a good daddy to the kids.  He was.


Power-dad.  He loved to take the kids to amusement parks.  
In fact, he LOVED going to the amusement parks PERIOD!


He still does this with the kids, or at least so they tell me.  I'm so blessed that at least he DOES take some time out still for them.  He didn't do this often, but he DID do it.  For that I'm thankful. 

As you can see, both boys just ate up any time they got with their dad.  He was good with them and very patient.  For that I was thankful. 
Again, things could be a LOT worse. So, I'm thankful for what the time the boys do get with him.  

Crazy!  Every now and then, he had a crazy moment.  
This one was at an amusement park where we were standing in line.  I thought this was hilarious!  
Just one of the few reasons I fell in love with him. 
I just wish he'd let loose and had more crazy moments more often.
But rarely, did he "let his hair down" and just chill.  
This was one of those rare occasions. 

He and Joshua went outside when it flooded to check out the water in their rain boots.  Joshua thought this was the greatest.  

I wish I had more to post on this.  I do have more pictures somewhere, but I think they are on D's computer.  Hopefully, I can get them and post them later on.  

There were some good times in our life together.  We did have fun together, and God was good.  But, there were many more bad times, and I had no idea that under all the "surface" of him that there was so much more lying and that there was some deep dark things that I wouldn't find out until later on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment