Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day Fourteen - Giftings

I had a sweet anointed woman of God who has her own Christian television show Testimonies of Triumph  which has just gone national write me today and bless me with a Word the Lord gave her for me.  I admire this lady so much.  I'm so blessed that she is going to fit me into her schedule in the next couple weeks and sit down to talk with me - imparting wisdom and the Word into my life.

This is what she wrote me:


I see so many spiritual gifts in you that are dormant and God is saying to you "stir up the gifts that are within you"... prophesy, sing in your prayer language, give a Word of knowledge to encourage a sister or brother In Christ... lay hands on the sick and they will recover. You have felt the refiner's fire and not backed down and a new day is on your horizon for plans and purposes to manifest. Listen for his voice... Jesus said my sheep hear my voice and will follow no other. 


Blessings and love, 


And this is what I wrote her in return:




Thank you for that.  Nothing you said is foreign to me.  God has told me this, and what you said lines up with my spirit and confirms what God has told me and shown me He has put within me. 

Just last Sunday, God used me to sing out in the church, over the regular music, to minister to the congregation and to glorify Him.   It totally was God!  I was in awe, but scared (my flesh) about what God was doing through me in that service.  - Ask me about it if we get together, and I'll tell you the story about God telling me to take my shoes off, and how each time I have obeyed, God's presence has filled up the room even fuller or filled me up in an amazing way. 

Last week, the presence of God was soooo rich in the room with us, God told me to kneel down in his presence ON THE STAGE!  It didn't take much to convince me to do it. God had filled my mouth with such a sweet Word of worship and edification.  We just kept singing and singing and singing -  I was visibly shaking at the power of God in the service. 

While I was singing out, God spoke to me, saying, "This is only just the beginning, Tamera.  You have only just touched what I'm about to do through you.  Room will be made for your gift to be used. I WILL use it for my glory. This is only just the beginning." 

Singing in my prayer language - At home and on the road, I do sing in my prayer language.  Sometimes the presence of God is so thick in my car, when I am going places, that I don't want to even get out of my car - even to go into church for worship practice on Thursday nights, sometimes.

I am also working to make a conscious effort to pray and sing in my prayer language when Joshua and Caleb are present, so they can be familiar with it - and it not be foreign to them.  Already both of them are saying they want to "pray" like Mommy.

Word of knowledge - I began praying last year before the women's retreat that God would begin to use this in me more and develop it in me.  He did this at the retreat with one of the ladies there.  I gave her the Word the Lord gave me, and she cried as she said she KNEW that was from God - and then she thanked me.  I don't even remember most of what I told her, but I was so honored to be used by Him to bless others and edify His body.  He still continues to do so, but not to the extent that I KNOW is coming.  I am excited to use this more as He gives me opportunities to use it for His glory.

Laying on of hands - Wow!  Well, that's certainly one gift I've been asking God to develop in me, so I could minister better to His people and to draw others to Him.  But, that's the one I'm most scared of, I think.  Sometimes, I don't think I have the faith for it - though I know it only takes mustard seed faith.  Last year, God told me to just lay my hands on the sick, and then not doubt that they would be healed.  If they weren't healed, then it wasn't my fault - nor was it up to me. I was just to obey Him, and He'd do the rest. 

As I fast and pray - pressing into Him more and more, He reveals to me how to lead my children into relationship with Him and has shown me already their giftings and some of what He has for them ahead.  He has also promised to protect them in all this with my husband.  He said that this would leave scars, but they would be developed in the fire, and trust Him immensely.  He promised to show me how to train them up and to lead them into INTIMATE fellowship with and worship of Him.

He also reveals things that are coming up in my life, and does not blindside me with things.  AND, He gives me favor with people. 

I'm excited about being able to talk with you. You are such a lover of Him and feel like a kindred spirit in your intimate walk and worship with Him. 

 ....

Blessings,
Tamera

I truly AM excited about being able to meet with this special lady. I KNOW it is a timely God ordained appointment.  I pray that God uses her to speak into my life even more and that my heart would be receptive to what she has to say.   I KNOW it will be. 

I'm looking forward to what God has for me ahead.  Some of the things I see and the places He is taking me is "mind-boggling" and scares me some.  But, I trust Him fully.  I can not understand how everything is going to happen that He is telling me is going to happen, but I trust Him.

Even just today while we were singing in the song part of the service, God told me not to worry about a certain situation, but that in His time, what He had shown me would happen, would happen.  I asked, "Are you sure, God, because I know what I hear you say, but I don't see how you are going to do it.  It doesn't seem like what you are saying will work, will work."  He said not to worry about it, because either way, He would work it out.  

There's more He said, but I don't feel free to share it here.  Some things I want to keep close to my heart for now. 

We are called as Christians to edify each other with our gifts and glorify our Lord. - see 1 Peter 4:10  If you aren't using your gifts or don't even know what they are, ask God to show them to you. Here's a good article on the topic.  I like one also - it helps break it down for all you analytical people who might read my blog. 

Hopefully, this helps gets you started, if you aren't there yet and are asking where you fit in all this.  I know that I am so blessed and honored that God loves me so much to use me in such a way.  

May I live a life worthy of the calling He has on my life.

Until tomorrow - Blessings to you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment