"3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." - 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (NIV)
Not sure where to start tonight - so I'll start here. Today has been a battle to keep my mind focused. A battle to make sure I keep all my thoughts and imaginations brought under the submission of God - taking my thoughts captive and making them obedient to Christ.
I like another translation of this better I think. I like the way the New Living Translation's says it best. It makes it easier to understand, I think.
3 We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do. 4 [a]We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. 5 We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. 6 And after you have become fully obedient, we will punish everyone who remains disobedient.
So, today I have been taking captive my thoughts. There have been LOTS of thoughts on all this - thoughts on how to continue on, thoughts on how to fix things, thoughts on how to live a life as a single mom of two very special boys (this in itself is daunting at times - for the work load is unbelievable), thoughts of what I could have done differently to save this marriage or be a better wife, thoughts on the future and what I have seen in my spirit, - thoughts, thoughts, thoughts.
I'm a feeler AND an analytical person at the same time. I am intuitive, but I also believe in listening to reason. So, I often try to reason things out or work them out in my head. Well, sometimes, that reasoning and "working things out" in our heads is not what God wants. He just simply wants us to trust Him. Trust Him to meet all our needs. Trust Him to wait on Him for the right answers and provisions. Trust Him in everything.
I have soooo much to give Him. So much I want to do for Him. So much I have to offer. There is soooo much. But, all He is asking for is for my all today and for me to trust Him with all my tomorrows.
So I'm working on refocusing. And, I'm working on stopping this trying to work it all out in my head. I want my thoughts to be HIS thoughts. For His thoughts and ways are HIGHER than mine.
Today was a good day - harder than yesterday I think. But, more revelation has come.
So, for now, I'll just wait and trust in Him for the tomorrows. Today, I'll live my all for Him today.
No comments:
Post a Comment