| You Know You're A Mother When... I saw this online (no copyright) and thought so many of these applied to me, so I thought I'd share it with any other mom's who might need a little humor today. |
1. You count the sprinkles on each kid's cupcake to make sure they're equal. 2. You have time to shave only one leg at a time. (I have done this just recently) 3. You hide in the bathroom to be alone. (I do this nearly EVERY day!) 4. Your kid throws up and you catch it. (I have done this several times!). 5. Someone else's kid throws up at a party. You keep eating.(Well, I usually end up helping clean up). 6. You consider finger paints to be a controlled substance. (Well, Caleb thinks it tastes good anyway). 7. You've mastered the art of placing large quantities of pancakes and eggs on a plate without anything touching. (My mother was talented at this skill for my brother - I don't let Joshua get by with this though). 8. Your child insists that you read "Once Upon a Potty" out loud in the lobby of Grand Central Station and you do it. (Haven't heard of that one) 9. You cling to the high moral ground on toy weapons; your child chews his toast into the shape of a gun. (NOPE - we have lots toy guns here!) 10. You hope ketchup is a vegetable, since it's the only one your child eats. (Joshua likes this on everything; Caleb eats every vegetable though.) 11. You can't bear the thought of your son's first girlfriend. (Joshua's already found the girl he thinks he wants to marry) 12. You hate the thought of his wife even more. (I am looking forward to their wives) 13. You can't bear to give away baby clothes (or maternity clothes) - it's so final. (I was glad to give my "tents" away). 14. You hear your mom's voice coming out of your mouth when you say "What do you think you are doing?" 15. You stop criticizing the way your mother raised you. 16. You donate to charities in the hope that your child won't get that disease. (we are all healed in Jesus' name). 17. You use your own saliva to clean your child's face. (I did this to wipe off Caleb's buggers today). 18. You say at least once a day, "I'm not cut out for this job", but you know you wouldn't trade it for the world. (For sure - I would not trade or sell off my job for the world. I love it!) |
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Just a repost - You Know You're a Mom When
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment