Monday, April 18, 2011

Day Twenty Two - Tired

Okay - so yesterday and Saturday, I felt free.  Today I feel tired.

I know why - hormones, mainly.  This time of the month ALWAYS seems to leave me begging for more sleep.  It's like being in the first trimester of pregnancy.  ALWAYS tired!

Well, today I felt that tired. I did sleep about 6 hours last night - which is a LOT nowadays for me.  I slept well, though I dreamed a lot of dreams like a pregnant woman.  Crazy dreams - dreams about kids, the boys (I think it was them), Dave, and more I don't remember.

I woke up tired, and even laid in bed an extra 45 minutes, because I was so exhausted.  I got up, took my hot morning bath with my iPod and my devotional book for company.  I managed NOT to even pick the book up and instead only read some scriptures from my iPod.  Then, I closed my eyes, as I lay my head back on my bath pillow and prayed/napped for another 30 minutes, and I soaked the night's sleep away.

I was even too tired for coffee this morning.  And, THAT's tired!

I did manage to get lunches made, boys up and dressed, my own self dressed, and get out the door 5 minutes to 7.  We are usually out the door by 15 til 7.  Oh well.

I even went to work with wet hair and no makeup on.  THAT's tired! Don't worry- I pulled the hair up, and slathered on some makeup before my students cruised in my door.

At lunch, I sat in my room, stared into space, and prayed for some rest.  Then, I came home at 3:45 after I picked up the boys, fed them a snack, watered the dog and let him out to do his business, opened some mail, read some email, and then crawled in the bed to nap for a bit.  I was too tired to run or even try to exercise.  Napping seemed more important.

So, with my bedroom door opened, I napped with "one ear open" for the boys, and I complained some about having to do this all on my own.  Cause I'm tired! Hormonally tired, but all the same today!

I was supposed to go by the grocery store after school today, but frankly, I was too tired to get two kids out of the car, keep them settled in the store, rush around to grab the 5 items I needed, wait with them through the checkout (keeping them all the while entertained), and then buckle them back in the car to go home.

My house is still a wreck, supper is in the workings (shrimp and salad, I think), lunches need to be unpacked, clothes washed and folded, a dog bathed, kitty litter changed, floors vacuumed, kids to bathe, papers to grade, bills to pay, some birthday cards to send out, and well, the list could go on and on - but you might get depressed.  I know I AM just typing it all, and it makes ME tired. Oh wait, I was tired already.

A good thing I started today. I started a different journal.  "Another journal?" you might ask.  Yes, another journal.  It's a journal of letters of things I wanted to say, but don't want to blog about it here.  I probably will never deliver the letters, but it helps me get it off my chest anyway, and unload all I'm thinking/feeling.  Good idea I got from my friend K.  She's so smart!

Well, I did FEEL like writing that.  And, I managed to fill up 6 pages, I think, worth of things that had been on my heart.  Things I wanted to say, felt or thought.  It was so liberating.  Felt like I had already said them, and then don't need to do so now.  Wow!  I should have done that a LONG time ago.

At any rate, I think it'll be beneficial and quite therapeutic in the days to come, AND who knows, maybe they'll be delivered one day.  Probably not!  But, at least, it serves its purpose now! :)

Well, I think that's it for today.  This was an easy blog today - TIRED!  Feeling it!  Hoping I'm not feeling the hormonal tired of it all tomorrow.

Be blessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment