Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day Twenty Three - Contentment

Today God has helped me find contentment.  Contentment in where I am and in what I've had to give up.  Contentment in what I've "lost" and in so much more that I've gained.  I've found contentment.

Along with that and all the tiredness I felt today, God gave me a great afternoon with the boys.

We are finally working into a good routine - getting more used to not having their daddy come home everyday.

When they get home from school, they get to vegge for about 45 minutes with some cartoons, while I get some quiet time to unwind from my day with my students. After that, we turn off the TV and get some chores done.  Then, we get to eat supper and clean up.  Next we sit down with some "school" work - Joshua starts off in the "computer center," while Caleb gets some time working on his letters with me (Mommy).
They usually swap after about 10 minutes.  Then, depending on how much more Joshua can take, we either move on to the next "center" activity of writing or painting (something that can be manipulated with our hands), or we take a small cartoon break.

They get free play with their cars or blocks after that, and then it's time for baths.  While one is bathing, the other gets alone time to play and clean up.  And then, they swap.

We get their teeth brushed around 8 o'clock, and they get story time in bed with me.  After story time, it's prayer time and cuddle time.  Then, comes their sleep time and my ALONE time to unwind again!

Today, though they kept me in stitches.   I'll just post my Facebook entries here, and let you see them for yourself.  These boys are hilarious!


I'm SURE that eating chocolate popcorn on the toilet was NOT what I had in mind when I told him to go get ready for his bath.I had made chocolate popcorn for dessert tonight. Caleb was SUPPOSED to be finished with his popcorn when I asked him to go get ready for his bath. Well, I guess he wasn't ready to give up his bowl just yet - because THIS is where I found him. :) LOL




Also:

During "quiet story time" tonight with the boys before bed, I told the story of David killing a lion with his hands. When I tell stories, I put a LOAD of details in it. I add scenery and some fun things in the stories to make them more realistic (like naming the sheep and giving them voices). 
Well, I got to the part where I had the lion jump out of the bushes to kill David (I took creative license here), and I told how God helped David kill the lion with his bare hands.
Joshua interrupted me though, asking, "Bear hands? David had bear hands? David didn't have bear hands, Mama."
Ha ha ha - that took some explaining. I finally said, "Forget the bear hands. He killed the lion with his hands. Let's just forget all about the bear for now.
Joshua replied, "But, Mama, David killed a bear too." :) LOL - Well, at least he knows his Bible story well. :)



And finally: 


After my story - Caleb wanted to tell us a story too. So, he told us his modified version of the Three Little Pigs.
He told us the first little pig lived in a house made out of sticks.
The second little pig lived in a house made out of cookies.
And, the third little pig lived in a house made out of bacon.

Ha ha ha - Bacon? I could hardly let him finish telling the rest of the story. I just couldn't seem to quit snickering at the cannibalistic pig who had his house made out of bacon.

Needless to say, my snickers at Caleb's story and Caleb's rendition of it, caused us all three to end up "rolling" in laugher. Caleb never did quite get to finish the WHOLE story. :)

What a fun evening with these two!

So, I'm content.  I'm filled with such contentment, I can't even tell you.  God has given me provision.  HE is leading my steps, and I AM trusting Him and seeking HIS will avidly.   Truly, I only want what HE wants.  Though I have dreams and wishes - my own desires.  I am content in resting and waiting on Him.  For He DOES have my best interests at heart.

I'll close with this verse my sweet friend K. sent me today to encourage me in not getting discouraged as God leads me.

Isaiah 30:21 Your own ears will hear him.
Right behind you a voice will say,
“This is the way you should go,”
whether to the right or to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment