Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day Twenty Four - Who, Where, and What

Smile - I had a friend a while back ask me, "Who are you with? Where are you? and What are you doing?" Ha ha ha - That still makes me smile.

But, today, I am asking my own self questions along those lines - "Who am I walking this with?" Answer - Right now, only God and whatever friends he sends me! "Where am I going and where will I end up?"  Answer: I don't know.  It'd be nice to know that answer though. "What am I doing?" Answer: I'm trying to live for today, living in HIS will - but that's hard to do sometimes, because I want to know what is going to happen tomorrow and all my tomorrows.

I'm thankful for friends though that God sends me to help encourage me and lift me up in prayer, and who also let me rant at times.  But, I'm also grateful that they speak truth into my life and don't let me get away with worry and untruth.  God certainly is amazing and loves to use us to encourage each other.  I'm thankful for that!

Psalm 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart.He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving."

I'm tired again today.  Joshua was up sick last night with a stuffy nose (it's hard to sleep with a stuffy nose as an adult, but it's even harder for a 5 year old to sleep with a stuffy nose), and he had a small fever.   Then, I woke up sick this morning also, and I floated through school today in my little stuffy cloud.

Irritatingly - D. has been gone all week and has yet to call and ask about the kids or to even talk to them.  In fact, he NEVER calls or asks how they are doing or call to talk to them.  He doesn't ask about them at school or take an interest in their lives at all, it seems, unless it affects his wallet.  *sorry - just a small rant!*

At  my own school, I had to deal with 2 kids in my classroom having "melt downs" (one so severe, I had to call the principal to come get her out of my class).  Both kids have some social and emotional issues.  On a normal day, the kids are usual easy to handle, but today with me not feeling well, AND with the one girl crawling under her desk to throw a tantrum, I had had it.

So, I left school, picked the boys up and came home to REST!  Rest and think.

In my thinking, God sent my sweet friend K. to encourage me and help keep me focused.  I love that girl!  :)

So, here I am re-focusing and staying on track with all this.

I guess I need to go back and look over my other blog posts, so I can be encouraged with where I have come from, knowing that God has it all under control and will lead me into the destiny HE has set before me and my children.  

Looking forward to tomorrow,

Blessings dear friends,

May you grow closer to God today, and may a longing for Him be renewed in you as you read. 

Psalm 27:14 "Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord ".  I'm trying to do this- Some days are just better than others! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment