Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day Twenty One - MORE Freedom

Whew Hoo - Freedom

You know, emotions are a fickle thing.  They can change over time, and they don't always line up with God's Word. Our hearts can be deceptive to us, and we must bring them into submission to God.  Our emotions are not to be trusted. But our hearts CAN be transformed by God.

My heart has been transformed, and my emotions brought under HIS control.  This is MY choice!  I wanted it to happen.  I wanted God to take control of me - ALL of me.  I'm in charge of the "do I, or don't I", to let God change me.  And, I'm so glad I am letting God do that.

I've heard of men and women who have left their spouses because they just didn't "love them like that" anymore. I have heard the same old excuse, "well, I'm just not in love with them anymore."

What!  Whatever happened to commitment - to love, honor, cherish, respect, .... til death do you part, the rest of your life?

I get so tired of people "flying by the seat of their pants." What is the deal with people just doing their jobs of loving, honoring, cherishing, respecting... regardless of whether the other spouse does it or not?

I'm a walking testimony that it CAN be done!  It CAN be done - for 10 1/2 years!

God CAN fill you "love bank", if you ask Him.  He CAN give you romantic feelings for your spouse, even though the other spouse hasn't earned them.  He CAN and WILL give them to you, if you ask Him .

You just have to ask Him.

You do NOT have to be ruled by and live by how you feel.

If we went by "I don't feel like it" all the time, then when would we exercise, love others, go to church, discipline our kids, go to work, and much more?  It's a good thing we don't always do what we feel like doing or NOT doing.

Why can't people get this for marriage too?

Suck it up, Christians! Stop going on your feelings.  Ask God to get your feelings to line up with His!  Ask Him to change your heart.  Then, until your emotions DO line up with what HE would have you feel, make right choices anyway.  Choose to act or not act on things, even though your emotions might say different.  Act as God's Word would have you to act.  Act as GOD would have you to act, not as your emotions would have you to act.

This is where I am.  My emotions were stuck in a place the past 3 1/2 months (not that I wanted them there either - I didn't choose for them to be there).  They had gotten to much for me too handle.  So, I took this forty days to get my focus back and let God have rule over them.  I asked God to call my emotions back into line with HIS Word.  And, finally between yesterday and today (the halfway points), I can honestly say that my emotions DO line up with HIS Word.  I am FREE!  Finally!

I obeyed, and even though I didn't FEEL like it, I did it!  I obeyed, and once again I am free!  Whew hoo!  What a feeling!

God is faithful!  The feelings I had before aren't there, that I can tell - anyway.  If they are there, they are VERY dormant.  At any rate, God has given me a break. I KNEW it today (wish I could tell you how I knew), but I KNEW.  It was spectacular!

And it feels good.  Very light feeling!  Not burdensome.

We'll see what God has ahead.  I'm looking forward to the last part of these 40 days.  How much more does God have in store?

No comments:

Post a Comment