Friday, April 8, 2011

Day Twelve - Part 2 - Being Single

Yeah - there's two parts to today.

The second part may end up being sort of a rant, so prepare yourself.

So - this other new thing for me is this being single bit.  I'm a little taken back by it.  It has some good qualities, but mostly it STINKS!

#1 It's LONELY - I hate not having that person to talk with each evening about the day and to wake up with in the morning. I long to wake up with my love again and share some coffee with him and devotions with him.  I long for those long back rubs, that I'm very greedy about. I long for my cuddle time and for much more (though I won't embarrass myself here and mention it all).

#2 Other single guys are AGGRAVATING - In the last 3 weeks, I have been asked out and "hit" on so much, I have had it! It has come from a guy at church who I barely know, a couple guys at my work, and even the really CUTE guy in the super market on Wednesday. While it's flattering, it's also quite irritating to NOT have that "tell-tale" sign on my left ring finger that silently says "Stay away, I'm taken."  When I used to have my ring on, I didn't have to worry about working hard to look like I was "unavailable."  I just was!  The ring said it all, and I didn't even give it a thought.

Now, it seems, that without the ring, that things can be more complicated.  I can't seem to say "I'm unavailable" loud enough.

Seriously - I'm not the kind of girl who wants to hurt anyone's feelings, and I am nice to almost everybody.  I don't want to be rude, but sometimes it's like I HAVE to be "rude" just to be left alone.  I do NOT do the whole "playing games" thing that a lot of girls do.  I don't bat my eyelashes.  I don't wear revealing clothes. I don't make sure my booty sways when I walk, and I don't work to get attention.  In fact, I try hard NOT to draw attention to myself.

But, it seems that some guys just don't take a hint.  I am NOT available, nor do I want to be for a LONG time.  I just want me and God right now.  - I'll wait on Him to give me the go ahead on the other, later - IF ever!

So, I decided to take care of the ring thing - and replace it with another one - THIS ONE.  Hopefully, this will help some.

So, today I ordered myself a "promise ring" - one inscribed with some of  God's promises to me.

It is inscribed with Jeremiah 29:11, which says, He knows the plans He has for me to prosper me and give me good health - to take care of my children and bring me into a good land - to be in a deeper relationship with Him and to be used by Him.

The ring wasn't very expensive, but I am VERY excited about getting it.  I can hardly wait to wear it.

My promise ring - His promises to me for today and all my tomorrows.

I hope to order THIS ONE too later on, but we'll have to wait.  Maybe it can be a good birthday present in August for me to myself. :) We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment