Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day Nine - Peace Be Still

Peace.  That's what I was given today.

Sometimes, I think God allows things to happen to cause us to be stirred up, so we HAVE to draw nearer to Him.  That's what my last 2 days have been - including the blog issue and then having more issues with D again - and having him threaten to take the kids and drag me through the court system. (If you do a lot of praying - this is definitely an issue that needs prayer.  D. is VERY angry and all the ugliness is rising to the surface in him.  I know I'm going to see him even worse before this is over.) At any rate - These all have PUSHED me closer to God. I have had to PUSH deep into HIM.

Even this morning at 3, I couldn't sleep because I had so much on my mind.  SOOOOO much!  So, I lay in bed for like 2 hours and read the Bible on my iPod and prayed. And prayed and prayed and prayed.

After all the praying - God said "Be at peace.  It is yours to rest in. So rest in peace. Be still and wait. Just be still and wait. I'm completing a work in you, and all things DO work to the good of those who love Me. You can't see the whole picture, but there IS more going on here than just what you think is going on - more than just something you thought was an accident. You can't see it, but I am at work.  So, trust me.  There are things you don't know why they are happening or have happened, but they are meant for a greater purpose. I have a plan.  Just trust me once again."

So again, I said, "Okay, God, I am trusting you again.  I don't like it, and some things are humiliating and even scary with D.  But, I trust you."  So, putting my pride aside, I say "whatever"  - God has a plan. I surrender to Him, and when I do, I am at peace.  And, I can dance even in the storms of life.  I can dance and be at peace.

Not sure what will happen or what things will come in the days to follow, but I am trusting Him.  Just trusting Him and sitting, waiting in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment