Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The New Proverbs 31 Woman Unleashed

Last night I was talking to a friend about Proverbs 31, and later as I reflected on the conversation, it got me to thinking, "Am I still that woman I used to strive be?"  (See  http://proverbs31woman.com/ ) When D. and I were together, I used to strive to be this woman daily.  In the past, I would ask God to refine me and help me be her in every way - in my organization, my time management, my honor for D., my countenance, my energy, my influence, my self-discipline, my parenting and training of my children, my joyful work at home, my diligence, my trustworthiness, kindness, and more.  I even made a vision list 2 years ago of what my vision was for the year, and being a Proverbs 31 woman was part of that vision.  "Then the LORD answered me and said, 'Record the vision And inscribe it on tablets, That the one who reads it may run.'" Hab. 2:2

Here's a list of what I wrote 2 years ago for my vision. 

"My desire is to live my life pleasing to God in which I SEE myself:


- walking in an intimate relationship with Him continually
- being my husband's helpmeet
- training my children to walk uprightly with the Lord
- being a true Proverbs 31 woman - full of wisdom and grace
- witnessing to others and leading them to God
- ministering to my brothers and sisters in Christ and encouraging them in their walk, admonishing them to do His perfect will and walk uprightly before Him
- being a powerful mover and shaker of the supernatural and natural through prayer
- having fun and walking in JOY for God's journey for my life here - even in times of turmoil.

I was thinking about this again this morning, and I asked myself (as I used to do often when D. and I were together) – I asked myself again, “Am I still this woman?” . (See  http://proverbs31woman.com/ )

 I used to so strive to be her.  I think she represents the heart of what God wants a woman to look like who follows after Him. But, lately with life so “crazy” at times, it seems I have lost part of that woman in me.  So, after doing some reading and strategizing, I have decided that single or married, divorced or not, that I was going to be that woman again.  

I used to be her, I know.  My reason for being her, was … well, it was because I was a Christian MARRIED woman.  I never thought about being that woman while I was single too. 

Now, I KNOW that I have kept MANY of the Proverb 31 woman’s qualities, and several have been enriched, since going through the fire I have been in.  But, some of her qualities have been lost in myself.  I want to regain those qualities – and have them whether I’m married or not.

So, today, I’m making a new decision – I want to look back at myself in 3 months and say, “Wow, you did it.  You worked hard to gain those qualities again. You let God work on even MORE areas of your life that needed refining, and you are allowing Him to work out the flaws in you.”

Yes, I AM flawed – I know, it’s hard to believe.  But, I am. *chuckle* Just kidding.  I really am quite humble, just seem to have been given a good dose of humor from God to go with the humility.

At any rate – sit back and watch – for the new Proverbs 31 woman in Tamera is about to be unleashed!

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment