On Thursday night, I went to worship practice at my church. I sang with great abandonment and surrendered my life again to God to do with as He willed - no matter what that may be. While practicing, I asked God again to help me deal with what I knew was coming ahead.
10 minutes before our practice ended, D. called. He left me a message to call him, because he wanted to talk.
After practice, I called him on the way home (my mother was taking care of the boys that night and had put them to bed). So, I returned D's call and asked him what was up. (I KNEW what was up, though). D said, "I'd like to talk to you."
My reply was quickly, "Well, I don't want to hear what you have to say. I really don't. So why don't you just tell me what it is now."
He sweetly said, "No, I want to tell you in person. So, let's set up a time to get together and talk. How bout this weekend?"
"No, no, no, no. I do not want to do this," I screamed in my head. - not outloud, though I felt like it.
So, being the kind of person who just wants to get things over and done with, I said, "well, let's talk tonight. Mom's keeping the kids. I can meet you at your place. How long before you get home?"
"45 minutes," he responded."
"Okay, I'll see you then," I added, and then I hung up.
I quickly begged God to help me. I KNEW I had 45 minutes to pray, and I needed guidance and the wisdom of God to handle what I KNEW was coming from Dave.
I called my best girlfriend to pray with me, but she didn't answer. That was God, though.
I called out to God saying, "okay God, J. isn't available to pray with me, but I KNOW I need someone to pray with me. I can't do this and stand in faith on this on my own. What do I now?"
Not even 30 seconds later, my phone buzzed with a text from my friend S. at church. She sings with me on the worship team, and said she wanted to check on me to make sure I was okay.
Up untilo now, I rarely received text messages from S. We are friends, but our relationship had developed to the level where we texted each other a lot.
So, I responded back to her text message, saying, "No, I am not okay."
So, she asked if I wanted to call her, and knowing this was God's "lifeline" to me, I did. -
(the rest of the story to come in part 4)
No comments:
Post a Comment