First day of my 40 day fast -
I am fasting wheat, red meat, and candy - and some friends.
What am I fasting for?
- To hear clearly from God during this divorce process
- For some breakthroughs in some areas of my life
- For pulling down of strongholds in some of my family's lives
- For - a few other more private reasons that I won't express in an online journal.
Today has been a pretty good day though. Some important papers were signed today with my lawyer in regards to this divorce. I thought it was going to be harder than it was. And, though it WAS hard, I was at complete peace through it all.
This morning started off with a sweet text from a friend, reminding me to keep my chin up. She was such an encouragement and sent me some wonderful scriptures from her own quiet time this morning. I'm so thankful for my sweet friend.
Then, my mother sent me a text also, which was a huge encouragement, telling me how much she loved me, was praying for me, and knew God had my back.
How awesome that God loves us so much. We ARE to encourage each other in the Lord, and both of these ladies knew I started my fast and knew the what's of what I was fasting. I'm so encouraged by them both.
This afternoon, my sweet friend text-ed me again, and encouraged me (knowing that I would NEED it) - telling me not to break my fast, even though she knew I was tempted. And, I WAS - I totally was! But, I know that there will be some serious breakthroughs and answers when I get to the end of this.
Also, I heard from my counselor today. He is going to be there to help me walk through this as the process goes along. He has been such an encouragement - speaking truth into my life and callings things what they are. He, neither, wanted to see things end up where they are, but he and I and many more feel God's hand on my life through all this. I KNOW that God has good in store that is to come of this.
Already, God has helped me get a handle on my emotions on some things. So, I call today the day of breaking free. Breaking free! Breaking free from things, food, or anyone that might distract me from hearing God clearly and from fulfilling what His purpose for my life.
I want my emotions set aside, so I can hear God clearly in every area of my life. I want NO distractions, only my eyes focused on Him, and my ears tuned into what HE has to tell me and what He has for me to do.
More of Him, and less of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment