Psalm 119:1—12
1 Joyful are people of integrity,
who follow the instructions of the Lord.
2 Joyful are those who obey his laws
and search for him with all their hearts.
3 They do not compromise with evil,
and they walk only in his paths.
4 You have charged us
to keep your commandments carefully.
5 Oh, that my actions would consistently
reflect your decrees!
6 Then I will not be ashamed
when I compare my life with your commands.
7 As I learn your righteous regulations,
I will thank you by living as I should!
8 I will obey your decrees.
Please don’t give up on me!
who follow the instructions of the Lord.
2 Joyful are those who obey his laws
and search for him with all their hearts.
3 They do not compromise with evil,
and they walk only in his paths.
4 You have charged us
to keep your commandments carefully.
5 Oh, that my actions would consistently
reflect your decrees!
6 Then I will not be ashamed
when I compare my life with your commands.
7 As I learn your righteous regulations,
I will thank you by living as I should!
8 I will obey your decrees.
Please don’t give up on me!
Beth
9 How can a young person stay pure?By obeying your word.
10 I have tried hard to find you—
don’t let me wander from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.
12 I praise you, O Lord;
teach me your decrees.
I will rejoice in following his commands, and I will NOT compromise. I will not compromise my beliefs and what I KNOW to be truth for anything or anybody. At least, I don’t want to do so anyway.
In the last 3 days I have heard truth from God clearly on several things. My emotions are being set aside, and I am being able to see the picture more clearly . I praise God for that. I praise God for clarity and wisdom that He gives to us when we ask Him. And with that wisdom, I must obey Him, when I hear Him say, “Do not compromise.”
Today has been a good day, just tiring with the kids at school. I am blessed that God is showing me how to structure my day and blessing me with creative talent and ideas to get the job done more efficiently and for His glory. Like someone told me recently, “I may not be exactly where I want to be right now in my job situation (I long to be a stay at home mom, who works part time to support her family – and who is HEAVILY involved in ministry – whether it be children’s or fostering kids), but I WILL do it to the best with God’s help.” I will do a good job at my job. God expects me to live an excellent life and do my best at whatever He puts before me, so I choose to walk as an extraordinary woman, full of grace and wisdom.
There are things that I’d like to happen in the future and things my heart has would like to happen – but I refuse to compromise. I refuse to be led by anything other than God. I WILL walk in HIS blessings, but only in the way HE chooses.
So, again I surrender to Him, for I KNOW that I refuse to compromise! J
No comments:
Post a Comment