Friday, February 18, 2011

Funny Moment (on streets) - Brought to you by Caleb

My parents just got back in town last night, and knew I was going to have Caleb at the church while I practiced. So, they kindly offered to drive 25 minutes out of their way to come down and pick him up from the church where I was practicing.  They say there were "helping out", but I REALLY think they wanted to get some lovin' from the little cuddle bug!

At any rate - they came all the way down to the church in their big Semi! What a way to get a ride home!
Caleb was proud as a peacock to be riding home in his Memaw and Papaw's eighteen wheeler.  Mom said he rode in the back on the way home, and that my dad told him that when they got to their street (they live in a small subdivision right across the street from me) that he could sit in his Papaw's lap and "drive."

Now, don't go getting all stuffy on me- I KNOW this isn't legal! But, it was on a SMALL subdivision that doesn't get much traffic through it, so....

Well, all the way home, Caleb would ask here and there, "Is that our street? Is that one our street? How bout this one? Is that one our street?"  My dad would reply, "No, but we'll be there soon."

Finally, Caleb spoke up and said, "Well, this might not be our street that we live on, but this IS someone's street!"

Guess he thought that since it was someone's street, that he should be able to drive then.  :)  Ha ha ha - He just keeps em' coming!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I know it's illegal, and I have to prepare myself that Daddy will someday do this. :) (missing cute Joshua stories, too!)

    ReplyDelete