I don't speak on this much really - even on my old blog - basically, because
I'm not a guy. But, I found this great article that I liked and had
so wished my husband had read in my own marriage. I would never have shown it to him, I think, because I wouldn't have wanted to be disrespectful. But, the article is so true.
If more husbands did this,
how many marriages would be better or
even saved?
Click below
I think either person can take the lead in reconciliation. And more often than not, in our day-and-age, it will be the woman who will have to take the lead. And it's OK for women to lead--even in their marriages at times. We misunderstand headship, I think.
ReplyDeleteGod revealed a lot to me from Jeremiah 31:22 last year. "How long will you waver, O faithless daughter? For the LORD has created a new thing on the earth: a woman encircles a man."
What does this "encircling a man" mean? The Hebrew prose here is all about movement. She takes the lead and creates a space to receive him. She prepares herself. She prepares a place. And then she encircles him. It's the same prose that's used to describe the Lord surrounding Jerusalem. And that's the only other time it is used in Scripture.
Interesting isn't it?
I think for too long women in church have been told to be silent and to wait and that leadership was a man's role. Meanwhile, God is waiting for His army of women to rise up in the authority He has given them.
I can agree with you here on this. I still have the email you sent me last year about Jeremiah 31:22. Very good!
ReplyDeleteIt took a while, but I finally understood what you were talking about.
Good Word!