She is super expensive - one of the most expensive in the county, but she is also VERY good!
Well, God has given me amazing favor with her, and before I even went to see her, she waved the consolation fee ($150) - something she rarely does - for the initial meeting.
Then, this morning, while on the way to work, as I was asking God again to give me favor with her, I reminded Him (as if HE needed to be reminded) that she was VERY expensive. SO, I asked God for a sure sign that she was the one I was supposed to be using. I asked for a SURE sign - one that was going to be hard to get done, but since ALL things are possible with God, then if this was to be, then He'd work it out to get it done.
My sign was that I wanted her to charge me $1500.00 or less for this whole process.
Now some of you might not understand the significance of this, AND you might think that's an astronomical amount of money. And, it IS a lot of money. But, since I've been checking around, I know that attorney's fees - just the retainer fees - run at about $2000.00 to $2500.00. And, that's for an average attorney. This lady is good though!
So, I thought to myself, "There is no way this lady is going to let me get by with only $1500.00 or less for a retainer fee, much less for the whole process."
Why, this lady even informed me that HER retainer fee runs at $3000.00, and then she bills you for whatever you go over the initial fee. Yikes! $3000! or MORE!
Why, this lady even informed me that HER retainer fee runs at $3000.00, and then she bills you for whatever you go over the initial fee. Yikes! $3000! or MORE!
Well, as I sat and talked with her, and felt at peace that God had led me to her, I again asked God to show me His will, give me guidance, and give me wisdom on this whole thing.
And, He did! My amazing, highly-sought-after lawyer, looked at me and said, "This whole thing could be done for around $1400.00 - no retainer fee needed. AND, my husband and you will split the cost."
WHAT? Did she just say what I thought she said? Did she just say everything would be done for $1400.00? AND, the cost would be split between my husband and I? Am I hearing her right?
I just grinned from ear to ear, thanked God for guiding me once again, and then finished listening to her counsel.
Now, this lady is NOT a Christian - that was quite obvious. BUT, I was able to witness to her. I was able to share the light in me, and let her witness the love I still have for my husband, to not harm him. She was amazed that I was so kind, nice, and thoughtful of even him, after all I'd been through. I am amazed myself, that I can be so loving to him. Must be GOD! :)
Now, this lady is NOT a Christian - that was quite obvious. BUT, I was able to witness to her. I was able to share the light in me, and let her witness the love I still have for my husband, to not harm him. She was amazed that I was so kind, nice, and thoughtful of even him, after all I'd been through. I am amazed myself, that I can be so loving to him. Must be GOD! :)
At any rate, she and I went over the paperwork, and I felt such a peace knowing that God was providing, yet once again. That HE was leading me, and that HE has my back! He is taking care of me.
To some this sounds crazy. To MOST Christians this is insane! Why would I get excited over the divorce? I'm not excited about the divorce or the process. BUT, I am excited about the promises I have from God. I AM excited to watch things unfold that HE told me would happen. I AM excited that I can walk each day with Him, from Day to Day, minute to minute and moment to moment.
I am excited that HE is guiding my steps, and that no matter the mistakes of people around me, that my destiny is still set.
Yes, God is good, and He is still in the business of taking care of His people.
Yes, God is good, and He is still in the business of taking care of His people.
No comments:
Post a Comment