- Jesus said in Matthew 6:34, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
- Proverbs 27:1 says, "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth."
- James 4:13-15 says, " 13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”
So, I am learning to not try to figure out tomorrow, but to live for each day and ask God what He has for me each day.
Yesterday morning I was up a little after 2 AM praying. Yes, that's early, but sometimes I know God wakes us and impresses upon to pray. Why waste time sleeping when God wants me to spend time doing something more important!
So, I got up to pray. Around 4 I received an email that made me glad I was up praying early. So, I asked God what to do with this email, for it threw me for a loop. And the words God gave me were "March on." So, yesterday I marched on. I was a little confused by what was in the email, and I wanted to double check with God on some things. But, after checking with Him, I heard Him say, "March on." So I did.
This morning in my time of prayer, today I heard "Be still and wait." Okay, "be still and wait"? Alright, God. Yesterday, you told me to march on, and today is be still and wait here.
I see this as a battle. Sometimes, a commander in the battle will say "march on," and sometimes, he says, "Halt! Wait here!" So, today is the "halt" and "wait here" day.
I'm just waiting and listening. I very much want to try to figure things out in my head and try to sort it all out. But, I have to just trust God, listen for His voice, and obey Him with each step I take.
I'm just waiting and listening. I very much want to try to figure things out in my head and try to sort it all out. But, I have to just trust God, listen for His voice, and obey Him with each step I take.
I don't want to jump ahead and have an "Ishmael" moment like Abraham did. I am holding on to the promises God gave me, but I don't want to try to get them on my own or try to fulfill on my own the vision He gave me. I want to wait and continue to let HIM do the guiding.
So today, I will halt and wait.
Wonder what tomorrow will be?
No comments:
Post a Comment