Monday, September 12, 2011

Repost of Valentine's Weekend Blessing

Just a post I finally am reposting from earlier this year - 2/07/11

Like another post, I removed this post due to some feedback I had gotten from one of my readers.  Nothing major, but enough to make me remove the post for a bit.

After some consideration, I decided to add it back too.  Enjoy

Valentine's Weekend Blessing

When you obey God and honor him with your lips, your thoughts, your time, and your money, you will find that He will bless you in unimaginable ways.

For over 4 weeks now, the idea of getting through this Valentine's Day has been so daunting to me. For over 10 years, I have looked forward to this special time. I was always eager to plan or let my husband plan the special event for us and what we would do with this day to show each other how much we loved each other. It had become such a wonderful habit. (Though, I must say, last year wasn't quite the same!)

At any rate - this year, my church is having a couples Valentine's banquet with a great guest speaker. How I wish I could go! It's just that I have always enjoyed the couples' thingy get togethers. I enjoyed getting together with other couples, sharing in the laughs and similarities of just being a couple. And, now I feel like I'm on the outside crowd.

I'm not just on the outside crowd with married couples, but now with singles too. For how can I fit in that crowd? Or even in the divorced crowd?

I certainly have no desire to go to some divorced group therapy bit, sitting there with a bunch of other possible "vultures" who are just waiting to pounce on some "poor" sweet Christian girl/lady (or so they will think I'm some poor lady - ask some of my friends. They will testify that it would take a strong man to handle my spice, spunk, and energy) whom they want to be their "rebound" girl or their replacement helpmeet. No thank you!

Dating? Are you kidding? No thanks!

The world's motto now seems to be "try it, before you buy it." In fact, I just recently had a co-worker encourage me to do some "trying" around to see what I might like. WHAT! This is crazy, and soooo not Biblical. I don't need to "try" anything or anyone. I KNOW I am led by the Holy Spirit, and I'll trust Him to take care of the details. I have no desire to date, hold hands with, or kiss anyone that might not be God's best for me.

Yuck! Why can't more singles get this concept? Don't they know that if they aren't kissing or holding hands with the "right one," then they are doing so with someone else's husband or wife? NONE of this is Biblical!

Okay - back to the blessings' story.

So, for this weekend, I wanted to get away. I wanted to spend some quiet time with just me and God and hopefully some time with the kids down at the beach. I knew I couldn't afford this - due to legal fees and such- but I thought I'd ask around and look anyway.

I didn't put a lot of effort into looking or asking. In fact, I only looked at one place and asked one person.

Well, on Sunday, God asked me to give not just my tithes but also more than double my tithes as part of the offering. That sounded crazy to me, but God, I KNEW, was asking me to do so. My argument for common sense was, "God, you do know I have to pay these legal fees, right?"
Well, God said to do it anyway, so do it, I did.

The next day was pay day - and I looked at my pay stub and saw that the bonus I had received in my pay check, covered what God had asked me to give.

AND NOW!

I received a phone call from my friend who I had asked about the beach overnight stay discount. But, instead of saying he was giving me a discount, he told me that the whole weekend would be covered. He said that he felt God wanted to bless me, so I was getting this trip. God came through and used this person as a vessel to bless me with an all expense paid cruise to the Keys this next weekend, and possibly a 2 night stay at a spa and resort! The whole trip including the cruise normally would run about $1300. That's crazy! That's God!

Can we say "happy dance," praise dance, and small yell! I'm more than excited! I'm ecstatic! I can't even tell ya!

So rejoice with me! God's love is amazing! And, I'm excited for what He has for me and my boys in the days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment