Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Again - Looking to What Lies Ahead

Well, it's Christmas again.  As I sit in my now quiet living room looking at my tree the boys and I have put up this evening, I am sipping on my French cream decaf coffee nostalgically thinking that this is most likely and even hopefully my last Christmas here in this home.  For 7 years, I have celebrated Christmas in this house.  I have decorated the tree, added lights around my kitchen entryway, hung the wreath on the door and the wall over the sofa, decorated the bathroom, and lit holiday spice candles to make the house smell good.  A lot of good memories rest between these walls.  A LOT of good memories.

So, tonight, I'm a little sad of all that has happened here, yet I am happy at the same time looking forward to what lies ahead. I look forward to my next year of tree decorating in a new house.  I look forward to time spent around the trees opening up gifts with the family under a new roof, making new memories, and sipping on hot apple cider and cocoa between new walls.

So, instead of being sad about what will be left behind, I am going to choose to be happy for what lies ahead. There are great adventures still left to be had. There are more Christmas carols to sing off key, more tickles to be had under a new roof, and more prayers to pray in a new kitchen each morning as I start the day. There is more.  God is good, and His mercies are new EVERY morning. Lamentations 3:23

No comments:

Post a Comment